The Benefits of Mosaic Weighted Blankets® for Anxiety, Stress, and Insomnia
Adults, teens, and children can benefit from weighted blanket therapy. Mosaic Weighted Blankets® are a safe and effective non-drug therapy for anyone seeking a solution for loss of sleep and relaxation.
"In psychiatric care, weighted blankets are one of our most powerful tools for helping people who are anxious, upset, and possibly on the verge of losing control," says Karen Moore, OTR/L, an occupational therapist in Franconia, N.H.
"These blankets work by providing input to the deep pressure touch receptors throughout the body," Moore says. "Deep pressure touch helps the body relax. Like a firm hug, weighted blankets help us feel secure, grounded, and safe." Moore says this is the reason many people like to sleep under a comforter even in summer. (Source: Psychology Today)
How Can a Weighted Blanket Benefit You?
Weighted Blankets, Wraps, or LapPads can be used to calm down and relax in many different ways by covering the whole body for sleep, wrapping around your shoulders or by laying it across your lap or legs only. Our products can provide relief, comfort and can help supplement sensory disorder therapy treatment for the following:
- ✓ Sensory Disorders of any kind (weighted therapy can help increase Serotonin and Melatonin levels overnight)
- ✓ Sleep disorders of any kind: weighted therapy can help increase the levels of Serotonin and Melatonin overnight
- ✓ Insomnia, Falling asleep and staying asleep
- ✓ ADD/ADHD Spectrum Disorder (many ADHD kids use our blankets to calm down after school or during Therapy sessions, or to relax and fall asleep)
- ✓ Asperger’s and Autism Spectrum Disorder (many of these kids use our blankets to calm down after school or during Therapy sessions)
- ✓ Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS) and fidgeting legs due to chemotherapy treatments or Menopause
- ✓ Anxious Feelings and Panic symptoms, Stress and Tension. Cancer or Dental Anxiety, Peri-menopause and Menopause symptoms
- ✓ Sensory Integration Disorders/Sensory Processing Disorders
- ✓ People who are 65 or older: weighted blankets help calm a myriad of symptoms, including those who have Alzheimer’s or Parkinson’s Disease.
The deep pressure touch simulation, or swaddling that happens when you cuddle up with a Mosaic Weighted Blanket® can help you or your loved one feel better and ease the mind allowing for complete relaxation.